The Same 10 Questions We Always Ask: Ryan B.
A new month, and a new 10 Questions! We're back with more exciting answers to our Same 10 Questions We Always Ask from one of our amazing members! Today's 10 Questions features Ryan B., a unicycle enthusiast whose savings have helped him cut down on his school debt. See what other answers he has for us below!
Name: Ryan B.
City, State: Phoenix, AZ
1. How did you hear about Republic before becoming a member?Google! I was about to be kicked off of a family plan and wasn't about to pay up the wazoo for my own phone. So I did some research.
2. What was your WiFi vs. cellular data usage last month? How’d you stack up?1.15GB compared to 0.56 average. I had switched to the $25 plan for vacation and switched back to the $10 plan when we got back. Considering the previous month I used 0.3GB, I think I'm doing pretty well!
3. What have you done with your Republic savings?Reduced my school debt. Every little helps!
4. What’s the coolest/best spot where you’ve connected to WiFi (i.e. the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro — it happened!)Can't beat Mt. Kilimanjaro! I'm pretty boring I guess... but I LOVE being able to use 'airplane mode' with WiFi turned on when I'm in a thick-walled building so I can have full use of my phone without draining the battery searching for a signal.
5. What’s your favorite app on your Republic phone?'Here' maps by Nokia. I've never understood why we couldn't use GPS-enabled devices as a GPS if it didn't have data. Now I can!
6. Who do you stay connected with the most?My beautiful wife, Brittany. Not having to worry about minutes/texts is wonderful when I'm away at school for so many hours.
7. Where’s your happy place?Actually... on my unicycle. It was my transportation to/from campus all 4 years of undergrad.
8. What’s your spirit animal? Why?Mountain goat. I love hiking in the mountains, and apparently there's at least one tall mountain that has WiFi now!
9. What gets you out of bed in the morning?My 14-month little girl. No, she hasn't learned to unicycle... yet.
10. What’s the next item on your bucket list?Travel through Asia by train. Of course I'd bring my Moto G on the $5 plan so I could use it wherever I get WiFi!
Do YOU want to be featured in the next edition of “The Same 10 Questions We Always Ask?” Follow the link here and share your answers! Why are we doing this? We hear some incredible stories from the people we communicate with every day in our Community, on Facebook, Twitter, and even in person. You are all such great contributors to the success of our company and deserve to be recognized in a fun, conversational way. Thanks for reading!